Healthy (no-bake) Date Granola Bars
Need an on the go breakfast, snack, or post workout treat?
Try these easy peasy, oh so dreamy bars! They will give you a boost of energy to get you through whatever endeavour you might be faced with. Calc exam here I come!
Serves: 10 bars
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey (or sub maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- additional options- chocolate chips, nut butter dipped, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla or mint flavouring etc.
- Mix dates in a blender to form a paste. Does not have to be completely smooth but should form a workable dough like consistency
- Toast your oats in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Place oats, cinnamon, and flax in a bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Add almonds and date paste to bowl and set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to 9×9 pan lined with parchment paper- press down until you have a fairly flat suface. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from pan and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days or in the freezer if you want them to last for a while.
- Eat up! Nom nom nom….